The RampUp project in South Africa wants to be a resource to faith communities to develop as disability-friendly communities of believers.
RampUp pursues the following objectives:
- To dispel myths about the causes of disability, the abilities of persons with disability and the aspirations of persons with disability
- To promote a positive view of disability and persons with disabilities
- To demonstrate how persons with disabilities can play a positive role in the life, work, witness, and leadership of the church
- To provide faith communities with tools to assess and improve their physical accessibility to people with disabilities.
- To provide churches with tools to assess their organisational climate in respect of people with disabilities:
- Respectful interaction between disabled and non-disabled people
- Develop sensitivity for the needs of people with disabilities
The key message is that persons with disabilities can make an enriching contribution in faith communities.